I’ve gotten a lot of very helpful answers so far from folks—thank you all!
Between this and other threads, I now know more about the technical ins-and-outs of Policies, than I think I could ever desire. Looking forward to now talking to my cats in qrexec syntax.
What more I need from you all, is simpler “I need this to do that” sorts of statements, around how you all use policies. Use cases. Which I appreciate to be a difficult question to ask, because “Policies” in and of themselves are a nebulous category of technical permissions. So, to re-frame the question in more human terms…
- How do you all restrict your own clipboard permissions?
- Not “technically how,” but as you might explain the value of this feature to your parents.
- How do folks here use Split GPG?
- In 1-2 sentences, without syntax or function details; how might you explain this if you were selling Qubes devices?
- Do you have set “guardrails” around which VMs can save files to/from one another?
- How would you summarize this use of that policy service as a “use case” to a friend?
- Do you run updates over Tor? If you are comfortable explaining this, why does this functionality have value to you?
- Do you run automated backups? Automated retrievals? Share your use-case of why this functionality has value to you.